SName: Gajendar Singh Rajput / Age – 22
Company & Job Title: Growbinar | Founder & CEO
About your professional journey
I am a fairly young startup entrepreneur in my circle, having completed my final year of CSE at Sri Eshwar College of Engineering in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, at the age of 22.
It’s not like other people’s stories about entering this career after finishing college. No, not at all.
Gajendar accomplished everything during his college years.
- Founder of Growbinar
- Co-Founder of Innovation Geeks
- Outreach Director at Interizon Hacks
- OneDay scientist at NASA
- President of my college’s Entrepreneurship Development Cell
- India’s 4th largest virtual hackathon organizer “Interizon Hackathon 2021”
- IIT’s Campus Ambassador
It’s not like other people’s stories about entering this career after finishing college. No, not at all. I got into the project and competition field when I was in my first year of college, and I am thankful to God that at the beginning of my college and project journey, I met four unknown but very humble and great people in my college, and I am happy to say that we combined into a team and we never looked back. We climbed and climbed, and now we’re climbing success tales together.
How did you come to your current role/position?
“As the founder of Growbinar, my vision is to ignite the flames of curiosity and ambition in every Indian student and mentor. We believe that education knows no bounds, and together, we’re creating a community where knowledge flows freely, dreams find wings, and every individual finds their path to greatness. Welcome to Growbinar, where we empower dreams, one mentorship at a time.”
Actually, in June 2022, I had a definite idea for something that had been circling in my head for the previous year and was eventually given the name Growbinar. As I formed the firm, I assumed the roles of Founder & CEO (though there are a ton of people who work behind the scenes who are responsible for Growbinar today).
Who has influenced you the most in life and why?
Even though there are many people who have influenced my life, I can only name a few of them.
The man from whom I learned about commerce and interpersonal relations. Literally, I am at a loss for words, but if I hadn’t lost him in the second wave of Covid, I have no doubt that he would have been proud of his kid today for doing what he did.
2. My Mentors
My mentors are more important to me than god since they are the gods in human form, whereas gods are statues.
* Sangeeta – who gave me permission to be on duty at all times during my first year of college at the Sri Eshwar College of Engineering in Combatore, Tamil Nadu. If she hadn’t given me the go-ahead, I would have joined the list of boys who killed their own dreams.
* Venkatesh – He is the foundation of who or what I am today. I have no words for him because his support for me and my life is greater than anything I could ever say.
* Sampath Kumar – He is the sun of the solar system, just as he is the center of my life and the main source of energy. He continued to hold my hand in 2019 and hasn’t altered his support for me even the slightest bit since then. if they hadn’t been in my life, I would have been a good college student instead of a crazy business owner.
* Vivek Kumar – He is another supporter of my entrepreneurial journey who has kept me safe at all costs. He is the only one with a key to the locked doors.
I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for being my mentor and for their support.
3. My friends
Who are few, but they are the brightest stars in my sky. Their names are Harikrishna, Vishal, Sabareesan, Gowtham, Hemraj, Hariboobalan, Jaya, Prawin, and Rakesh.
What are the biggest challenges you have faced, and how did you overcome them?
Since my first year at Sr Eshwar College of Engineering, I’ve wanted to get involved in projects and hackathons, but since I was new to everything at the time, I wasn’t able to do much at first. However, things started to work out for me when I was in my third year, and in May 2021, I lost my father to COVID. I had no idea what to do next or how to proceed when all of a sudden my mind was blank.
Dad has been running his business for the last 25 years. Since I’m the only boy in my family, I have to take care of everything, but what about my dreams? my business? How did I do?
The next eight months will literally determine the rest of my life, and I hope that no one will experience what I did in those eight months. I then began to seek assistance from friends, mentors, and new acquaintances, which gave me confidence. lowly decided to take over family businesses without putting an end to my startup dream, so I continued with both. I experienced a lot of pain, had no sleep, and received little rest, but I loved managing both, so I managed to do it.
Today, I am successfully managing my father’s family’s business, and my startup is progressing as I had hoped. Just a small risk, but I took it, and now that my dream has come true, I can truly say that I am an entrepreneur—not of a startup, but of my own life. I have the ability to do anything and nothing at the same time.
What lessons you have learned from your professional career?
* Be careful who you blindly trust because you won’t have another chance to make up for past errors.
* If your heart is telling you something good, close your eyes. Before you see your dreams while you sleep, your heart will feel them first. If your heart gives you the okay, do everything.
I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my professional career, but even today, I’m still working to learn from them and avoid making the same ones again.
What do you see as the biggest challenge for brands in the digital space?
- Intense Competition: Brands face fierce competition in the crowded digital marketplace, making it challenging to stand out.
- Constant Technological Evolution: Adapting to rapidly evolving technologies, platforms, and tools is a constant struggle.
- Data Security and Privacy: Maintaining customer trust while handling sensitive data and complying with data privacy regulations is crucial.
- Content Overload: Dealing with information overload and the need to create compelling content to capture consumer attention.
- Algorithm Changes: Navigating changes in algorithms on platforms like social media, affecting organic reach and advertising strategies.
- Multi-Channel Consistency: Ensuring a consistent brand experience across various digital channels and devices.
- Customer Engagement: Building and sustaining meaningful customer engagement in a digital environment full of distractions.
- Ad Blocking: The rise of ad-blocking software and its impact on digital advertising effectiveness.
- Fake News and Disinformation: Combatting the spread of fake news and disinformation that can harm a brand’s reputation.
- Measurement and ROI: Accurately measuring the return on investment (ROI) of digital marketing efforts can be challenging due to the complexity of digital channels.
How your Services can help to resolve the pain points of your customers?
Growbinar is not just a word; it is also a feeling. In Hindi, we say that Growbinar is my feelings, just like Bhavana.
Growbinar offers a game-changing solution for tier 2 and tier 3 college students in India. Our online platform connects these students with a diverse network of 100+ industry mentors from 28+ countries across 10+ domains. Through 20-minute sessions and engaging webinars, students gain access to personalized guidance, practical insights, and valuable networking opportunities. With Growbinar, students can address their specific financial, professional, and career-related questions, receiving expert advice tailored to their unique aspirations. By bridging the gap between academia and industry, we empower students to make informed decisions and embark on a path towards success.
While still in the early stages, Growbinar has already achieved notable traction. Through our Growbinar summer internship program, we have successfully trained over 200 students from different domains. Additionally, we have established partnerships with few number of colleges, expanding our reach and visibility. Feedback from our initial users has been overwhelmingly positive, validating the demand for our platform and reinforcing our commitment to providing valuable mentorship and growth opportunities for college students in India.
What do you do in your free time?
Actually, I never have free time because I manage my family’s business during the day and my personal Growbinar business at night. However, whenever I do have free time, I enjoy listening to music, taking nature walks, sleeping a lot, and eating a lot.
Do you have any advice for those who want to be an entrepreneur/chief officer?
I’ll say it briefly: If you have an idea, act on it without giving it more thought. Try to take action within 48 hours or you might assume that this idea won’t work, but how can you know that without trying?
Pay attention to my one line. If a regular person could sell water in a bottle that was given to them by nature with no payment to the gods. Why can’t your idea work if that has already been done? There will always be some customers who are waiting for your product and are made for it, so don’t waste time making it.