Dimi Yar immigrated to the United States from the former Soviet Union in 1994 at the age of 20. By that time, he had completed three years towards an Economics Degree at the renowned Academy of Public Service in St. Petersburg, Russia, established by then-President Boris Yeltsin to raise a new generation of public servants for post-Soviet Russia.
Educational Status of Dimi Yar
Once in the United States, he continued his pursuit of higher education at the New York University STERN School of Business, where he received an academic scholarship and graduated in three years, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in CPA Accounting and Finance with honors in 1998. While matriculated as a full-time student, Mr. Yar worked an average of 25-30 hours per week to support himself and his family, including as an Accounting Research Analyst at the National Directorate of Coopers & Lybrand (now PwC) in his senior year. He also moonlighted as a DJ.
About your Professional Journey
After graduation, Mr. Yar joined the Financial Services Audit and Advisory practice at PwC, and after two years, having earned his CPA, joined Deutsche Bank as a Controller. He spent a total of 13 years at Deutsche Bank, where he experienced one of the fastest career progressions from Associate to Director, with the last six years spent as the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) at Deutsche Asset Management (now DWS). In this role, he noted that he was recognized for designing the “Best in Class” Strategic Planning process, which reduced the organizational planning efforts from 6 months to 6 weeks yet still delivered on all its goals.
After a short stint as a Divisional Financial Officer at AIG and a career break, Mr. Yar joined Allianz Global Investors in 2015, where he co-headed the Americas FP&A function before taking on the global Head of Management Reporting role at the company headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany, staying there for six years.
How was the VOSA Company Started?
Mr. Dimi Yar left Allianz in 2022 to launch VOSA Income Inequality Solutions after uncovering the key to solving the income inequality and workplace crises and packaging the newly-found solution into a business-friendly certifiable compensation plan he called “Value of Service Award” (“VOSA”), which became his company’s namesake. According to Mr. Yar, this plan is uniquely powerful and effective in addressing the common gaps in corporate compensation systems, such as the “Employee Recognition Gap” and the “Employee Participation Gap”, which he has proven to be the main drivers behind the Income Inequality; Great Resignation; Quiet Quitting; and Talent Shortage crises.
About the VOSA Company
Mr. Dimi Yar is the Founder and CEO of VOSA Income Inequality Solutions, which he describes as a pioneering compensation and workplace consulting, and certification firm offering advanced retention, pay equity, pay transparency, loyalty premium, profit-sharing, and layoff alternatives solutions, among other services.
Mr. Yar highlights that the mission of VOSA Income Inequality Solutions is to accelerate the world’s transition to a state of sustainable, inclusive growth, and shared prosperity, built on the basis of fairly recognizing and rewarding the full enterprise and societal value of employee’s loyalty, character, knowledge, skills, experience, and commitment to high-quality, productive service.
Mr. Yar explains that VOSA has a global reach, operating through legal entities in the United States, European Union, and South Africa.
What’s the Aims of VOSA?
Mr. Yar indicates that VOSA aims to achieve its mission by helping enterprises and organizations around the world enhance their performance and achieve their goals by making themselves more human-relevant and human-centric, not less, which means recognizing and rewarding the human value of employees above and beyond their skills and performance, such as the economic value of their proven character, loyalty, cultural and role fit and accumulating company-specific knowledge – elements forming the “H” part of VOSA’s “JHC” (which stands for Job-Human-Company) Compensation Philosophy.
The three main solutions offered by VOSA fit perfectly with the new Pay Equity and Pay Transparency laws and Human Capital disclosure requirements sprouting in the United States, Europe, and many other countries, and come with optional Certifications for public awareness and image boost. They are:
- Value Of Service Award (VOSA), which is also referred to as the “Loyalty Premium”, contrasts with the “Loyalty Tax”, a term famously coined by Adam Grant to refer to the phenomenon of loyal employees falling behind the market compensation over time. This flagship “bolt-on” compensation plan and company namesake is designed as an exceptionally effective employee retention and engagement tool, that will be perceived as fair and meaningful, generating emotional employee attachment, previously unheard of with any compensation programs. “We believe widespread adoption of the Value of Service Award is vital to solving the Income Inequality Crisis and the severe Workplace Crises,” he said.
- Meritocratic Pay Equity, which Mr. Yar called “the most comprehensive and fair compensation solution, helps companies optimize their compensation structures with meritocratic, objective, transparent, and consistent “JHC Value/Pay factors” to remove or minimize uneconomic pay inequities. Mr. Yar said VOSA’s unique approach not only prepares companies to comply with Pay Equity and Pay Transparency laws but also allows companies to lead the way in social responsibility (CSR), ESG and SDG, employee engagement, retention, productivity, innovation, and sustainable business growth.
- Layoff Alternatives Pledge, which Mr. Yar described as a unique way for companies to build or rebuild employee trust by adopting a sound and transparent approach to potential layoff decisions.
Since launching VOSA Income Inequality Solutions, Mr. Yar has been recognized as a thought leader on Pay Equity and Pay Transparency topics, enhancing his prior reputation as a Systemic Problem-Solver, First Principles Thinker, Risk and Complexity Reduction Expert, Process Design and Improvement Expert, and Finance Transformation Expert.
Dimi Yar’s Achievements
In addition to his professional pursuits, Mr. Yar is the Co-Chair of the Frankfurt Branch of the Financial Executives Networking Group (TheFENG.org); Member of the Council for Inclusive Capitalism (where VOSA is a Member Organization at https://www.inclusivecapitalism.com/organization/vosa-income-inequality-solutions/ ; Member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants; and President of SHARE25.org, a non-profit organization advocating for a universal 25% tenure-based employee profit-sharing as an economic policy leading to inclusive growth and shared prosperity.
With ideas that challenge the status quo, offering a clear free-market alternative to raising Taxes or Minimum Wages to solve the social-economic crises, Mr. Yar said that he is looking for business and political leaders with the courage to challenge their own beliefs, to connect with him and VOSA and try something new, something better.
Known as a natural advocate and a prolific writer, Mr. Yar has gained quite a “cult following” on LinkedIn for his direct, passionate writing style, dispelling myths about Capitalism and Socialism, exposing corporate hypocrisy, and incompetent business practices, challenging long-held beliefs and the intellectually lazy, dogmatic and woefully inadequate political and business arguments creating artificial divides between Right and Left, Workers/Unions and Owners/Management.
A talented author, Mr. Yar published three articles on LinkedIn and is in the process of writing another one on Profit-sharing as well as a book about VOSA. Mr. Yar suggests visiting the Media page on the company’s website (VOSA.net/Media) for all articles, podcasts, presentations, and expert/TV appearances. Two of his most popular articles available on LinkedIn are:
- “Considering a Mass Layoff? Consider these 4 Alternatives after Answering this 1 Question First,” which can be found at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/considering-mass-layoff-consider-4-alternatives-after-dimi-yar;
- “Could a tenure-based reward approach to compensation solve the workforce crisis in essential professions?” available at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-combat-inflation-stop-worker-strikes-rebuild-middle-dimi-yar
When considering his extraordinary career, Mr. Yar believes his success is due to his deep-seated intellectual curiosity and a penchant for questioning things more than most people. He said he values critical thinking and always seeks to expand his knowledge and understanding of the world around him. Of his numerous achievements, he is most proud of how far he has come from growing up in a communal apartment in the former Soviet Union, and the unique perspective he has gained from his experiences living, studying, and working in the Soviet Union, post-Soviet Russia, United States and Europe.
Dimi Yar’s LinkedIn Profile: https://linkedin.com/in/dyaro
VOSA Company Website: https://VOSA.net
SHARE25 Company Website: https://SHARE25.org
- The success story of Dr. Sanjay Giridharan: Founder of CURED369
- The Success Story of Rashika Dass: Founder of the Urban Chief, a Digital Marketing Agency
- Queenofnib: A Blog By Gurpreet Singh Inspiring The World Of Travel & Lifestyle
- The Success Story of Prakhar Goel: Pioneering Innovation with a Vision
- Biography of Mahima Makwana, Movies and TV Shows
- Winner Of 70th Miss Universe 2021-The Successful Journey Of Harnaaz Sandhu
- Katianna Stoermer Coleman: More Facts of Zendaya’s Sibling
- Biography of Urfi Javed, why is everyone talking about her?