A patent registration is a form of right granted to an inventor or company in regard to a new invention, for its manufacture, sale, marketing, and development of any new and useful improvement. The utility of a patent prevents everyone except the patent holder(s) from using the protected invention commercially. However, if the non-patent holder has obtained permission following due process from the patent owner, then the former can commercially use the patented design for a limited period.
What are the kinds of patents?
There are two kinds of patent applications and based on the stage of your invention, apply for the appropriate kind:
Type One: Provisional Patent Application
As the name suggests, the provisional patent application is filed before the completion of the patent. To initiate with this a provisional patent search in India is the first step toward protecting a novel work.
As the term ’provisional’ suggests, the application is filed, when the invention is at an under-development stage, moreover, with a promise to come up with a complete specification afterward. However, there are certain benefits for the provisional patent specifications listed as follows:
- After the preliminary specification’s filing date, similar innovations filed will not be given priority over the applicant’s invention. The patent office will use the provisional patent’s earlier filing date as the date of filing if there is a disagreement about who is the rightful owner of the invention.
- The initial cost of a provisional patent specification is comparatively lower than that of a complete patent application which is pocket-friendly for the inventor with regard to professional fees. It is inexpensive, and lesser resources are required to prepare it since a patent specification can also be prepared by the inventor himself/herself.
- In the research industry, it is crucial to allow ample time to establish claims through Indian patent search and patent claims. You have no clue on what grounds to seek protection for a new innovation when you create it. The processing time between the provisional patent specification and the full patent specification is twelve months.
- It is simple to abandon a preliminary specification if the inventor files for one and later determines the invention is not marketable and should not be granted a patent. However, if a comprehensive specification were in use, it would be very costly to discard in a circumstance like this. Additionally, there is less room for abandoning because a significant amount of money has already been invested in the process.
- The confidentiality surrounding the existence and details of the invention can be preserved because the application has not been published.
The title of the invention is a prerequisite for a patent specification. The invention’s properties should be effectively reflected in the title, which should also be succinct and direct. It ought to fit within 15 words. Terms in particular languages or other similar terms, such as the name of the inventors, the phrase “patent,” the abbreviation, etc., should not be used in the text.
Type Two: Convention Patent Application
The convention patent registration in India is the indication that the invention work has been completed and it has to be filed within 12 months from the date of filing the provisional application. The specification must be completed within 12 months if a provisional application is filed.
If the applicant is a startup of a small entity, filing Form 28 is mandatory.
The Complete Specification is the document that fully and specifically describes the innovation in the best manner possible, providing the invention with total comprehension and clarity. Additionally, the complete specification of the invention must be submitted in the manner specified by the Patent Office in order for it to be examined by the Patent Office.
On filing the complete specification, after 18 months from the filing date, the patent application has to be published. It does not require any particular arrangement. Only a request for publication is enough. The publication is made within a month of the date the request has been filed. If the applicant wants to publish it before the completion of 18 months, then it can be done by filing Form 9 to pay the prescribed fee.
What is patent meaning in Hindi?
Ek aavishkaarak ko ek aavishkaar ka ekamaatr adhikaar pradaan karane vaala ek dastaavej. adhikaar ya visheshaadhikaar pradaan karane vaala ek aadhikaarik dastaavej. ke lie ek petent praapt karen; “kya mujhe is aavishkaar ka petent karaana chaahie?
ek vish ka poorn adhikaar, sv adhikaar praaptana, ekasveekrt, svasv adhikaar, ekasv praapti, shuddh, ekasv, ekasv adhikaar patr, ekasv nishaan, pratyaksh ek lakshan, sanad, eejaad, vivrt, suvidha, adhikaar patr, petent, pet petent saamagree, adyatan, vaiv, vartan, riporting, reeding, prekshan karana.