Raising children has become a challenge over the years. It is stressful that sexual predators use video games and chatting as hunting grounds. Video multiplayer games are the one area continuously increasing digital threats for young children. Online predators remain online frequently, and one report has stated that more than 500,000 accesses the web for hunting young kids and teens using various social media networks, chat rooms, and gaming apps that allow chatting while playing.
Horrible stats that every parent should know about
Here are the following stats that every parent needs to know to protect kids from online predators and detect the digital hunting ground to dismantle virtual connections with the children.
- Young kids under the age of 12 -15 are more likely to be victims of online grooming
- 89% of the online predator’s attempts happen toward kids in chat rooms and instant messaging apps
- 50% of the victim’s kids of sextortion and blackmailing happen with tweens
- 27% of the victims send nudes and explicit videos to the sexual predators online
- 4% of the online predators want to have in-person meetings with victim kids
- 9% of the young victim does receive sexual solicitation via the internet
Do you know? Peer to Peer pressure is pushing kids to send nudes to strangers online. Young kids interact with online predators using video games like Minecraft and Fortnite. Videos games have millions of registered users allowing young players to chat while playing. Multiplayer games are potentially hunting grounds for predators that always try to pretend to be young with the kids and make virtual connections.
Manual ways to protect your kids from digital hunting grounds
Every struggling parent would love to prevent kids from online predators that try to make virtual connections with kids and use video games consoles and chats apps as hunting grounds. Here are the following ways manual ways to get the job done.
- Parents should know about their kid’s interest in video games and show their interest in them.
- You must be sure that kids are not using their real names in chats while playing games online.
- Guide your children about their digital citizenship of the children and not let them allow sharing of their privacy online, like location, names, nudes, and many more.
- Always put the digital devices or computer devices in a place where you can easily view activities.
- You can talk about the online predators with kids and how they can trap them online.
- Teach your kids how online predators use fake names and ages to interact with them.
- Try to invest in parental control solutions like TheOneSpy for cell phones, tablets, and computer devices.
- Encourage your teens and children to discuss with you anything if they have sent nudes accident and someone is blackmailing them.
- Always conduct friendly discussions with your teens and tell them not to share explicit material.
Manual efforts are productive, but you should have a friendly relationship with your children. It is threatening for young kids to talk about online predators as overbearing dictatorial. Encourage your child to discuss and share with you anything without hesitation. Suppose you are unable to win the trust of your teens, and they are facing cyber-bullying, sextortion, and getting involved in sharing explicit material with strangers; you have to do something for their safety.
What can parents do to protect kids from virtual hunting grounds?
Do you think that kids becoming the victims of hunting grounds of online predators, and you want to break the connection of your children with sex-offenders? You need to use the best parental control solution for their online safety.
Use TheOneSpy parental monitoring app.
Parents can use the TheOneSpy spy app on young kids’ phones and PCs connected to cyberspace. You can install the best parental monitoring software on the target device and activate the features.
Users can capture screenshots by scheduling them on the target device after the successful installation of TheOneSpy for phones and computer devices.
TheOneSpy empowers you to perform live screen recordings of phones, PCs, and computer devices and send the short time recorded videos to the dashboard. Users can watch the videos and know what kids are doing on games consolers, chats rooms, and instant messaging apps.
TheOneSpy empowers you to capture chats’ keystrokes, messages keys, and IM chat keystrokes to read the non-verbal communication.
TheOneSpy provides web filtering for cellphones and website blocking for PCs and computer devices. Users can use it to block explicit websites, like videos games, porn, and websites that prevailing violence.
Users can block every application on the target device from 1 hour to 12 hours to prevent kids from using phones and other devices all day long.
TheOneSpy is the best tool for parents to keep a hidden eye on kids to prevent making an online connection with sexual predators. Parents can prevent young kids from becoming prey to the hunting grounds. Parental control solutions have features to safeguard kids online. You can prevent children from sharing nudes, and talking to predators.